In this article, we will take a brief look at one of the biggest e-commerce platforms, namely Big Commerce. For more detailed information you can have a look at these bigcommerce reviews.
At this stage, everyone knows that customers are vanishing from physical stores and moving into the online space. Some of the biggest brands out there have completely dropped out of the market and had to close their doors. This is why it is vital that everyone consider moving to e-commerce. You do not have to close your physical shop, but at least branch out to include an online store; otherwise, you might be left in the dust.
What is Big Commerce?
Big Commerce is one of the biggest e-commerce platforms, they offer their users easy to use services to create their own online store. They offer everything that you can dream of to get your store up and running, to maintain a consistent presence and to expand your store’s reach.
Some of their most impactful services include state of the art security measures, integrated payment systems, great marketing and SEO tools as well as remarkable hosting services. This is an all-inclusive platform that will help business owners to start crushing the market in no time.
Let’s unpack some of their core pros and cons to give you a better idea of how they measure up against their competitors.
- Businesses that use this platform have a growth rate well above average, almost 30% growth per year.
- Their interconnectedness with other platforms like eBay and Amazon is outstanding and you can easily branch out over all of the available platforms making your brand dominate the market.
- Big Commerce has a strategizing team that sets them apart from the rest. They offer tools that will give you the edge you need to succeed.
- The Big Commerce apps can be easily used to help grow your reach.
The not so good
- Unfortunately, they do not have a big selection of templates which can make it difficult to customize your brand exactly as you want it.
- It can be difficult to filter their product lists unless you subscribe for a more expensive package.
- The store setup is also a little bit more complicated than some of the other platforms so it will take a bit more time to get it done.
- Customer service also does not fully measure up against that of their competitors.
A standard subscription that comes with only the basic features will set you back $29.95 per month and it allows monthly sales of up to $50,000. The plus version is $79.95 per month and allows $150,000 in sales and the pro version is $249.95 and allows up to $1,000,000 in sales. If you go above that you will have to get a quote for a custom package depending on your needs.
The best news is that they also offer a 15-day trial absolutely free. This allows you to check out their services and then decide if you want to go ahead and launch your e-store with them.